Reid Ashbaucher believes the following to be foundational truths of the Christian faith:
- God is holy, loving, wise, eternal, omniscient, omnipotent and triune by nature.
- Jesus Christ by nature is God’s only Son and came to earth virgin born as fully man to live, die and be resurrected from the dead on the third day according to the Scriptures.
- The Holy Spirit is God by nature and works in the world to testify that Jesus Christ is God incarnate and the savior of the world. He anoints, indwells, empowers, seals, and teaches the believer concerning the Scriptures, while with an attitude of love, convicts the world of sin, toward the salvation of the world.
- The Scriptures are holy inspired and they are verbal, plenary, and inerrant.
- Mankind was created in the image of God, perfect and complete, then fell into sin corrupting mankind’s nature, thus becoming separated from God.
- Marriage is an institution established and ordained by God, creating a union and bond between one man and one woman, as God designed, for the purpose of support and the procreation of Children.
- That the salvation of mankind comes by the grace of God, plus nothing and minus nothing. The conditions of salvation are repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ.
- That there is good found only in God’s nature and sponsored by His presence and influence, and evil is only found in the devil’s nature and sponsored through his presence and influence.
- Belief in the everlasting conscious blessedness of the saved and the everlasting conscious punishment of the lost.
Scriptures Supporting Claims: Gen. 1:1; John 1:1-3, 14; Lev. 19:2, 18:22-23; Ps. 106:1; Deut. 33:27; Eph. 5:1; 1 John 4:1-21, 5:1-21; Rom. 3:9-19; John 15:26,27, 16:1-15; Mark 10:18 ; Luke 18:19; Matt. 25:31-46; Rev. 20:11-15; Luke 1:67-79; John 3:1-21; Gal. 1:3-5; Eph. 2:8,9; Titus 3:5-7; Rom. 1:18-32, 5:8; James 4:5,6; 2 Tim. 3:16,17; 1 Tim. 4:13; John 8:31-47; Acts 20:20,21; Gen. 2:18-24. (NASB)